Join the founders of Catharsis, Barbara Nicolosi and Vicki Peterson, on an unforgettable screenwriting seminar. Take challenging courses on story and workshop your own script, all while sailing through the gorgeous backdrop of Alaskan scenery. Plenty of free time will be available to digest information and take advantage of the port activites.
Courses include over 15 hours of instruction (tantamount to 5 weeks of a college course!) on story, plot, character, theme, dialogue and style. Sessions are designed to meet the needs of beginning, intermediate, and advanced writers. All writers will have the opportunity to workshop their stories and receive invaluable group feedback. Additional individual feedback sessions with the Catharsis founders are also available.
Monday May 18, 2015 at 4:00 PM PDT
Monday May 25, 2015 at 8:00 AM PDT
Alaska via the Norwegian Sun (from Vancouver)
See Itinerary, Ports & Map
- Includes all seminars, workshops, and course materials. Additional individual consultations on story ideas or screenplays may be purchased for $150 per one hour session.
- Writers may bring additional guests for no additional charge. Guests may be included in group meals and social events, but not classes. (Don’t worry, there’s plenty for them to do while you’re in class!)
- $125 deposit to register, remainder due by March 4th.
Staterooms: Starting at $449 + taxes
We have reserved a limited number of cabins for $449 inside, per person + taxes, and $549 outside. First come, first served. We have reserved additional rooms starting at $649. You can choose one of our reserved cabins or one that is outside our reservation, whichever is lower. Please visit: NCL.com for a list of current rates.
Prices are per person. Taxes and port charges not included. NCL holds KIDS SAIL FREE promotions once or twice a year. Please visit NCL.com for current promotions. $125 deposit required per person upon booking, remainder due March 4th. Writers looking to share rooms may coordinate with NCL. Contact Ivan Lora at NCL for more information. 1-877-416-9722 ext. 4249.
Seminars and workshops will be held while the ship is at sea, mostly in the morning and evening hours. Writers and their guests will be invited to take meals together with the founders of Catharsis. Writers have free time when the ship is in port.
Registering is easy!
- Step One: Register for your seminar with Catharsis below.
- Step Two: Contact Ivan Lora at Norwegian Cruise Lines to book your stateroom by March 4th. 1-877-416-9722 ext. 4249
- Step Three: Pat yourself on the back for investing in yourself as a writer!
Have Questions? See the FAQs.
Get a taste of the conference with a free podcast: